Recent Comments

Last Days Christian Messenger

This Is My Other Blog. Geared Towards Helping The Unsaved Find God


Click this link HOMEPAGE for the latest articles on this blog
Click this link MENU LIST to find an entire list of ALL Articles within this blog (as at 30 Nov 2011)
Click this link Articles Carrying Most Comments as at 30 November 2011 a league table of articles carrying the most comments.

Search this blog by entering KEY WORDS In box below

Monday 25 April 2011

Christians Wake Up. A Rallying Cry

Edited 29 Oct 2011 (see edited section below in bold)

Before I get criticised for being judgemental. I will first say that I am being GENERAL and all inclusive (includes me) in what I am about to write.

As you know, this blog is concentrated on watchman issues and teachings. There are a growing number of believers who are realising the apostasy and deceptions that surround us and want to do something about it. However, although there are many who are being enlightened, WE are still very much indifferent to what is going on and still sleep soundly in our beds, just letting it happen, doing very little about it. In fact most believers are DOING NOTHING because their priority is not Jesus but is SELF. This is why the 21st Century church is attractive to many because it feeds the ego. Today, many churches no longer preach that Jesus is the ONLY way. Or at least they do not demonstrate it in action.

That may sound harsh. I address it to myself too!  I am loathe to be harsh but I sense a conviction within that I need to write these words in an attempt to wake us all up.

Let me ask some questions:
How much do you love Jesus?
Is He your reason for living?
Do you live 100% for Him?
Do you have your own private life agendas?
Where does your priority for living lie?
Do you go through the motions of Christian worship and meetings?
Is there a vibrancy and determination within your soul to know Him?
Do these words offend you, making you angry?

If the above questions offend you, it indicates you still have  pride. It indicates that you are full of self importance and need to be humbled before God.

Many of us have "lost our first love". The challenge cries out through the Centuries "RETURN TO YOUR FIRST LOVE".  Are you lukewarm in your faith? What did Jesus say "because you are neither hot nor cold, I will spew you out of my mouth".  God hates indifference. Jesus in many of His parables taught how serious it was to play luke warm with our faith. In fact the inference is that luke warm believers were NEVER born-again. When a person is baptised with the Holy Spirit, he/she is baptised with a fire that burns within. If you do not have a passion for Christ and His work on Earth, it indicates that you are not filled with the Holy Spirit.

Edited 29 Oct 2011
Obviously, there is a difference between being FILLED with the Holy Spirit compared to having a deposit of the Holy Spirit. Paul said that those who do not have a deposit of the Holy Spirit, within, do not belong to God.
However, it is imperative (if we are to serve God with passion) that we allow the Holy Spirit to have full sway in us.


Paul told the Ephesians that they needed to be FILLED with the Holy Spirit. The Greek carries a past, present and future tense. As I understand it, Paul was saying "be filled and continue to be filled" . In Acts 4:31 it says that the believers (who had already been baptized in the Holy Spirit in Acts 2) were "all filled with the Holy Spirit" Why?  We read of Peter "being full of the Holy Spirit". Throughout the NT we get the impression that we need to be continuously refilled with the Holy Spirit. Why? Well ..... we tend to sin from time to time and "walk in the flesh" therefore, we need to regularly be cleansed from sin and refreshed by the Holy Spirit.

An indication of having the Holy Spirit is having a compassion, love and resilience to care after those in need.   Too many churches leaders and believers say the right things, but the evidence backing it up (in action) is not forthcoming. They say "I love you brother" but do little to help them when they are in need.

Yes I know that there are many wonderful believers who do mighty
 things and have loving hearts with actions following, but in reality, these are very much in the minority. In the Western World, most believers are just pew warmers. WHERE IS THE LOVE? Black Eyed Peas had a number one record with that title (some time ago). A lot of the lyrics were spot on. How would you answer that question, where is the love?

Jesus called us to REPENT from sin, turn from our wicked ways and FOLLOW HIM. For details about repentance please click this shortcut link What Is Repentance?

The demons believe and shudder, but they are not saved. Are you saved? You may say "yes I am saved because I decided to believe in Jesus". Let me ask, what does it mean to believe in Jesus? Is it just a head (intellectual) belief? If all you have is a head belief you may not be saved. If you truly believed that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God who IS ALIVE and reigning in Heaven, you would have come under great conviction of your sin and need of salvation. It SHOULD have changed and transformed you. This is what you see throughout the NT whenever a person realised who Jesus was. There was always a tremendous conviction of  unworthiness, sin and shame, followed by a change in that person.

Jesus said "flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in Heaven". The Holy Spirit gives a revelation from the Father of Who the Son is.

Now there may be some who have been truly born-again, who have truly repented, but have lost their first love (maybe because of discouragements etc). This does not mean you are not saved, but God does call you to return to your first love. The best way to do this is by getting alone with God ASAP. If you are serious about your faith YOU WILL FIND A WAY. This MUST BE your priority. Find somewhere where you can pour out your soul in repentance. You cannot do that silently (with your mind only) you need to CALL OUT to God with all your heart and soul verbally. If you read the psalms you will find that David mostly expressed himself this way. "All who CALL upon the name of Jesus WILL be saved"

The OT says  "if you seek Him with ALL your heart you will find Him". It is not a half hearted affair, but God will honour those who sincerely seek Him. "draw near to God and He will draw near to you".  If you sincerely seek God with all your heart, determined to know Him, you can ask to be filled or refilled with the Holy Spirit. "How much more will the Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask"

Please be honest with yourselves. Do you really express the love of God  in action and live a life resembling NT Christianity? I guess most of us don't. Therefore, we need to seek God earnestly (not seeking christian leaders or experiences) alone with God to know Him for who He is, being prepared to be obedient to Him. God will empower (for service) all those who decide to follow Him, abiding in Him. Don't wait for "an experience" as such. As and when you do what He has called you to, He will grant you the power to do it and help you to be obedient.

Let us start reaching out to each other, loving one another, visiting one another, laying down our lives for each other, ie NOT LIVING selfishly. Being compassionate for the lonely and rejected.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was very encouraging and exactly what I needed to hear; thank you, brother.

I actually read this two days ago and immediately left the computer and opened my Bible for the first time in a few weeks (my actual Bible, not a Bible website). I spent time with the Lord in a way that I haven't in months. I'm tired of all of the distractions. I don't want all of it anymore. I just want Him.

Please pray for me, my husband, and the outreach ministry we are just now starting - particularly against all of the distractions that hinder us.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sister.

Praise God. The scriptures say that "in the Lord our work is not in vain". Often it seems that we are beating our head against the wall and seeing very little fruit. Therefore, it is SOOOOO good to hear words of encouragement like this to motivate us in this work.

God bless you. My prayer: Heavenly Father we pray for this lady and her husband. Please continue to stir their hearts to seek you first. I pray that they will know you more than they have ever known you before. I pray that you will teach them what it means to worship you in Spirit and in TRUTH.

Therefore, we pray that the work they are doing will be ordered by you and that You would lead them in this work for Your purpose and Your Glory. In Jesus Name, Amen

Pshdsa said...

The narrow way is difficult, but the reward of following Jesus is worth it. But along the way Jesus exposes more and more of our lawlessness. We just need to keep seeking His face and reading His word. Discouragement is part of this way, and that always stretches our faith. When my strength fails, Jesus picks me up. That occurs many times, every time, bless His holy name. The world, the flesh, and the devil attack relentlessly. We can overcome only if we are all out for Jesus. But even so we are limited here. He must make it real in our lives. We just have to yield. Jesus is our Lord. Yes, I know He is my Lord. I also know I love the Lord even though my flesh is always ready to take over. Clinging to Jesus daily, reading His word daily for a word from Him, praying every single day. We overcome by Him. Without Him we can do nothing. He always is my Helper. Always.

Dianne said...

This is my first time on this web site. I will be here often. Not only the article, but the comments from you believers has been like a drink of water to me. As the Lord is purifying me, I have felt discouragement at times, and hearing that I'm not alone in this is what my heart needed today. Bless you, Dianne

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne

Just noticed that I had not replied to your comment above. I am so sorry.

Thanks for taking the time to encourage us all. Please feel free to write often.

God bless

Unknown said...

Hi Pshdsa

Noticed I had not replied to you either. Thanks for your contribution. I agree with what you wrote.

Bless you!

Also notice that I did reply to your last comment which appears within the article " Last Days Watchman: Do Not Judge, But Watch Out For False Prophets .."

Unknown said...

Hi Pshdsa again. Just to add to what you wrote....

It is correct that we need to yield to Jesus and we need to abide in the vine, but also remember that without Him we can do nothing, ie we cannot be overcomers in our own strength. We are TOTALLY dependant on Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit. All we can do is present our bodies as a living sacrifice to Jesus and ask Him to do His work in and through us in His strength.

When He instructs us to do work for Him, we must trust in Him that He will empower us to do it. The closer we walk with Him in obedience the more we become aware of His strengthening power enabling us.

RomaLynn said...

This is one that I missed posting on before, as have been involved in other things. I believe that the Holy Spirit as led me to this many, many times. Return to your first love, then I go to Ephesians and read the scriptures again. Life does get us caught up as so much needs to be done. I am reminded of what Jesus said to Mary and Martha regarding this. We must spend our time with our Savior. Thanks again

Unknown said...

Hi Roma

Sorry that I did not reply to your above comment. Not much I can say really except "Amen". Bless you!

Btw, I have just added a section to the above article clarifying something very important. I don't want new born babes in Christ to wonder if they are saved or not or to leave them thinking that they need to "earn" their continued salvation.

All I am trying to do is stir and wake up sleeping believers back to their first love and to awaken a passion to serve Jesus in these last DARK days.

The writer to the Hebrews said "consider how to stir one another to love and good works". That doesn't mean good works to earn salvation - certainly not!!! It means stirring believers to do the work God has called them to. However, we ALL need to be filled with the Holy Spirit because we can only be effective IN HIS STRENGTH.