Recent Comments

Last Days Christian Messenger

This Is My Other Blog. Geared Towards Helping The Unsaved Find God


Click this link HOMEPAGE for the latest articles on this blog
Click this link MENU LIST to find an entire list of ALL Articles within this blog (as at 30 Nov 2011)
Click this link Articles Carrying Most Comments as at 30 November 2011 a league table of articles carrying the most comments.

Search this blog by entering KEY WORDS In box below

Friday 14 January 2011

Tony Pearce Urgent Prayer Request 2011 no longer relevant

Tony has informed that this article is no longer relevant as he is now healthy and wants to advise of that. Removing an article is not so easy as other articles are linked and deleting one article may cause issues with other articles. Also those who have taken time to write comments may not appreciate their comments being removed. Also there is a good testimony here which may encourage readers. Therefore, this edited version still remains.
13 Jan 2011
As some of you may know, Tony Pearce of  "Light For The Last Days" had to have an operation for bowel cancer.

Related to this was a message from Tony:
It was five days after my operation in Barnet Hospital on January 11th.  I had had some very bad physical symptoms.  Not able to open my bowels and being sick.  A cannula  down my throat and not able to eat or drink.  Horrible!  
 
My wife Barbara and daughter Rachel came to see me. After they left I felt very tired and went to sleep on Saturday night at 9pm.  I must have slept deeply because I don’t remember anything until I awoke at 3am on Sunday.  I was aware I had had an unusual dream but I didn’t remember anything about it. Before this I had read a booklet Barbara had brought in on ‘Eternal Security.’  Although I had preached this message myself I had been under attack from the Enemy.  
 
Would I really be saved for eternity?  What about my sins and my failures?  There are preachers who say ‘Only overcomers who lead totally victorious lives will go to heaven’ and some say ‘It is not God’s will that Christians should be sick.’   This all troubled me.  I knew they were wrong, but somehow I needed to know that I was really saved and that God was with me.  
When I woke up at 3 am, I knew that God had come.  He was in the room with me.  I felt His presence with me.  Strangely a line from a Bob Dylan song I liked before I came to the Lord came into my mind.
 
‘Just to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
To be wetted by the sea….’
 
I saw a lovely beach like in Cornwall on a fine Summer evening and the picture of Footsteps on the Sand – the one where there are two pairs of footprints and then only one at the darkest time.  The Lord says ‘I was walking with you, but then I carried you.’
 
I knew the Lord was saying ‘I will carry you, I have borne you.’
 
Then I saw another picture of the earth in great darkness and a light spreading over it from above.  This time the verse was more biblical.
 
‘Arise shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.  For behold the darkness shall cover the earth and deep darkness the people, but the Lord will arise over you and His glory will be seen upon you.’ Isaiah 60.1-2.
 
I knew that the Lord Jesus was there and He is the Lord who is the light in our darkness.  And He will carry all who trust in Him.  I knew that Jesus is my salvation and nothing can separate me from the love of God in Jesus the Messiah.  Whatever our circumstances, God receives those who believe that Jesus has died for them and risen from the dead and He gives them eternal life. He is the one who is with us in sickness and in health, in the good times and in the times of tribulation and adversity.
 
John 6.37-40.
1 Peter 1.4-5.
John 10.27-30.
John 5.24.
Psalm 103.12.
Ephesians 2.4-9.
Romans 8.
 
Thank God for the Lord Jesus.
 
I felt His presence with me and for the next 3 hours Bible verses and choruses were going through my mind and I was praying for friends and family and our fellowship members and the nations of the world. 
 
At the centre of the world is Israel (Ezekiel 5.5). The Isaiah verse the Lord gave to me is about Israel.  God wants us to pray for Israel and for the Jewish people to see the light, as the darkness comes to the last days’ generation.  Pray for the salvation of Israel and the Jewish people.
 
I thank God for all who have prayed for me and thank you also.  I had a big issue with my bowels not opening which led to extreme discomfort and anxiety. The Lord answered prayer for this on Monday morning amazingly at exactly 3am – 24 hours after the previous encounter!  Following that I have felt 100% better and the doctor said I have turned a corner.  It has been good to know that people have remembered me and helped me through this trial.
 
One other interesting thing happened on timing. On Sunday morning (after my encounter with the Lord) the cannula in my arm came out (it was giving me my fluids and a morphine pain killer) and they needed to find a doctor to fit another one in.  The hospital is incredibly short staffed and was quite frenzied at that time.  They told me they would have to get someone from A&E to come up to do it, but said it was very busy everywhere.  I felt the Lord said the doctor would come at 4pm (5 hours later) and I needed to be patient.
 
The doctor came in at exactly 4pm!  She was apologetic about the delay.  I  told her I knew she would come at 4pm.  She said, ‘Sometimes you get a premonition.’  I said ‘I am a believing Christian and today God has been telling me lots of things.’  She looked a bit shocked and said ‘Well the communication between you and God must be good.’
 
She was too busy to stay and talk, but I pray she might think about the Lord.  
 
The Lord tells us to wait patiently for His coming. He will also come exactly on time. But He does not tell us the time of that one!  Maranatha!
ALL WHO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.  ACTS 2  V 21
“FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE”  JOHN 3 V 16





Email from Tony:

Thanks for prayers.  Now home – things seem to working well.  Felt very much better last three days.

Hospital was tough, but I had some wonderful experiences of the Lord and answers to prayer which I will share later.

Tony


Tony Pearce Health Update 28 Feb 2011



I would like to thank everyone who has been praying for me during this time. I have made a good recovery since coming out of hospital and am able to eat normally, with my bowels functioning all right. I am still a bit lacking in energy, but able to do some work -writing mainly,and I also took the Bible study at church, which was encouraging.

5 comments:

Expected Imminently said...

It's always darkest before the dawn; praying that joy and full health will come with a new day for Tony to continue working for Jesus. Also for the peace and love of Jesus to uphold Tony and his loved ones.

MARANATHA!
Sue Jakeway

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing this, i have for many years, have been amazed how God has used Tony and his ministry to the jewish people in love of sharing Jesus,despite hostilty on the london streets, holding in prayer
bless you

jill said...

thank you for letting us know
holding him in pray
God bless you

Expected Imminently said...

For dear Tony and his family.

1Cor10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it".

We were not saved by any works, and works cannot keep us saved.
It isn’t up to us to keep ourselves saved; we are in the double fisted grip of The Father and The Son, sealed in by The Holy Spirit.

The Greek word pistis is translated into English with several words.

We know FAITH,also BELIEVE,a CONVICTION, TRUST.

What is less realised, pistis has a secondary meaning of an ASSURANCE or GUARANTEE.

When we faith/believe in Christ to save us from sin,we immediately pass from death into Ever Lasting Life, and that faith/belief is also the ASSURANCE and GUARANTEE or our Salvation. And no-one, and no-thing can ever snatch us out of His Hand.

By faith I have repeatedly 'beaten the arrows on the floor' and will not stop until Tony is restored, fit, hail and hearty.

We love and care for you our dear brother. And anticipate your continuing work for Jesus.

We add amen to your prayers for all Jews around the world and for beloved Israel.

MARANATHA!
Susan Jakeway.

Anonymous said...

WE THANK THE LORD , THAT HE HEARD THE PRAYERS OF SO MANY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. MAY WE SEE THE LORD UPHOLDING YOU AND YOUR WIFE.

THAT YOU WILL WALK AND NOT GROW WEARY. THAT YOU WILL KNOW THE PEACE OF GOD ABOVE YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. THAT GOD WILL CONTINUE TO SPEAK TO YOU.THAT BARBARA WILL BE ENCOURAGED AT THIS TIME. THE BLOOD OF YESHUA WILL PROTECT YOU. THAT THE LORD, WILL SHOW YOU MORE OF HIM SELF. SHALOM TO YOU BOTH. JULIA