Recent Comments

Last Days Christian Messenger

This Is My Other Blog. Geared Towards Helping The Unsaved Find God


Click this link HOMEPAGE for the latest articles on this blog
Click this link MENU LIST to find an entire list of ALL Articles within this blog (as at 30 Nov 2011)
Click this link Articles Carrying Most Comments as at 30 November 2011 a league table of articles carrying the most comments.

Search this blog by entering KEY WORDS In box below

Monday 8 March 2010

Bob Mitchell's Blog "Shofar"

Edited 26 Jan 2011 (see the emboldened section at the bottom for the edited part).

Originally I recommended Bob Mitchell's website http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/ but have to write that I cannot do so anymore because of the fallacious direction  the blog is beginning to take. Please see my special notes at the very bottom of this article and the extra 2 links I have now included (ie now makes 4) .

My original message
Bob inspired me to set up my own blogsite after I spent some time joining in with some of his excellent blog discussions. His site has some excellent and very knowledgeable contributors there (but not all contributors fit this description - I am sure you will recognise them).

For those who want to find out how currents events fit in with Bible Prophecies and general information making sense of  these current events, I recommend his blog. I do not need to agree with all his views to see that he is a lovely man of God with a very informative blogsite.

Bob is a Post Tribulation itinerant teacher/preacher but is very tolerant of other views and discusses these issues in a very Christ-like way. Although his leaning is very much towards this doctrine, he still publishes every comment which gives contrary views, so that it is well "balanced". I myself am not post-trib (now firmly believe in pre-trib - as at October 2014)

However, I do not intend my blogsite to get into "future" issues or debates too much but on what is actually happening now and trying to help believers face THESE present days, as Jesus said we should be about His work now rather than speculating. If things happen NOW which unravel hidden prophecy in our time or developments are taking place which true believers need to be aware of,  then I am glad to publish it.

Edited 26 Jan 2011 Special Notes Regarding Shofar

Please observe the comments/discussions within the 2 recent articles which you can find by clicking on:
http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-world-order-plans-for-economy.html?showComment=1295321920465#c1660556119214395875


http://bob-mitchell.blogspot.com/2011/01/sarkozy-leads-attack-against-dollar.html?showComment=1295974320918#c6144915982509729997


The links above start at the most appropriate comments (to save you time looking for the applicable bits). Please especially observe the discussions regarding numerology on the first link   and  Bob's endorsement of  the Book of Enoch on the second.

The things Bob has written on the second link regarding the Book of Enoch have actually gone too far! I cannot endorse a blog or man who extols and gives credibility to the virtues of a non biblical and heretical book.

Especially, as he is implying (as a  reliable book) that we can use it alongside the Bible.  He correctly stated that we should not formulate doctrine from Enoch, but in reality that is what we would do, and it is inevitable that we would use it to help us interpret difficult passages of the Bible, if we are being encouraged to read Enoch. What I mean is that if we trust its reliability we WILL be influenced by what we read and it WILL colour the way we interpret passages like the fallen angels, Nephilim etc.


So that you can see for yourselves the falseness of the Book Of Enoch, please check out these 2  links (of many I could have listed):


http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/book_of_enoch.htm


http://www.gotquestions.org/book-of-Enoch.html


It is very upsetting to me to have to write these things because I held Bob in high esteem and believed him to be a  trusted teacher of God's Word, so it is shocking to me that he believes those things.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Somebody wrote To me suggesting I should publish "whole" comments or none of it - not "edited" comments.

I appreciate and value what they are saying but need to explain what I am doing and why I do this.

When I publish slightly edited versions I do not change what the person has said, I may tone down the wording a bit so that it sounds less emotive and friendlier but I do not change the essense of what they are saying.

At least I do not mean to. If you feel I have misrepresented your point, please write again explaining how I have done so. I will then edit it again to ensure it says what you want it to say.

The reason I want to be careful is because I have bad experiences of other blogsites or forums (Christian or secular)where it becomes very abusive and sidetracked.

The reason I set up my blog was mostly for the purpose as stated on the heading (mission statement)of my blog, to be informative etc and to "keep" to the point.

If anyone has something to share which helps improve the information and is complementary (and compimentary)and helps in the Mission Statement, I am happy to publish it.

Please bear in mind that the main aim of this blog is NOT to be conversationary (although I am happy to get into edifying conversation) but to equip and inform and edify.

I am trying to keep focussed and not get side-tracked into irrelevant issues, otherwise this blog will become like all others. I set it up because I believe (as led by God)there is a need for something different.

If it becomes like all others, I may as well stop. So I am trying to prevent it becoming like all the others. I desire to bless the readers and retain the focus!

Hope you can understand what I am saying and what I am trying to do.

God bless.

Unknown said...

Someone wrote personal advice to me. As I do not have her email details I can only respond here. Also as I am unsure whether her name should be published (in light of my previous comments) I will simply refer to her as "Somebody".

Thanks so much "somebody". I do take your suggestions and advice seriously and will consider what you are saying. I do take your point and will evaluate things. As I stated in my blog, these are early days and at the moment I am experimenting, learning by experience - so I do value your suggestions.

Unknown said...

This is for those who get my automatic updates. I have added something to this article. Something which concerns me deeply. I would appreciate your feedback on these points. I will not publish your feedback comments unless you expressly ask me to and if I consider it to be appropriate. I just want confirmation to know if I am right to feel this way or not and whether I am correct to publish my thoughts about the possible heresy developing.

Unknown said...

Hi Guys, I have made some changes, again to this article giving more clarity and evidence why we should reject the book of Enoch.

Unknown said...

Hi

I notice that Bob Mitchell's blog has been removed (for several weeks now). Does anybody know the reason why?

Anonymous said...

Hi there John; it hasnt been removed but has just gone through a name change that is all. His new address is: www.shofar-ministries.blogspot.com I have a very strong tendancy to agree with your estimation of BM. There was also a time when I held him in quite high esteem but that is not the case at the moment. Regards

Unknown said...

It looks like a completely new blog, as there are not many hits yet. Clearly the last one has been closed down. I wonder why? Could it be to hide the worrying content of some of his beliefs or maybe to change the dynamics?

My main concern was his health. I wondered if he closed it because o f ill health. As he has opened a new one, then hopefully he is back to good health.

I was also hoping that the Lord had spoken to him about some of his heretical views and wanted to remove it from public gaze. Time will tell on that point.

I always like to give the benefit of the doubt and allowance for God to change people.